This role executes WRG-promoted, joint venture or other identified events with a focus on operational performance.
- Manage, plan and execute all operational aspects for World of Outlaws and DIRTcar promoted and/or joint venture events:
- Track operator relationship
- Coordination of pre and post-race activities
- Development and coordination of activities designed to enhance the event experience (i.e., concerts, cornhole, auctions)
- Event materials, including trophies and signage
- Confirmation and completion of the at-track financial reporting
- Facilitate communication between track promoters and WRG departments such as Fan Engagement, Client Services, Marketing and Series to ensure successful project completion
- Serve as the on-site manager for assigned events, ensuring successful execution of the operational aspects
- Provide a holistic overview of the event, including customer flow, track appearance, competitor experience, facility use, etc.
- Develop proactive solutions to address concerns
- Address concerns and possible solutions in a professional manner to ensure both short and long-term benefits
- Manage junior event staff, including Event Coordinators; select, train, provide work flow assignments, evaluate, and coach junior staff
- Manage, plan and execute on-site, guerilla marketing efforts for World of Outlaws and DIRTcar promoted and/or joint ventures; partner with WRG Marketing to ensure full scope of marketing efforts are achieved
- Work together with Ticketing team on all ticketing initiatives attached to promoted and joint venture events
- Partner with WRG Client Services Department to ensure sponsorship fulfillment
- Develop and document best practices
- Work within expense budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of previous event management or event promotion experience, preferably in sports
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work within a strict budget
- Background and/or familiarity with grassroots sports preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in marketing, public relations, or sports/motorsports management preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Attention-to-detail, proof-reading and project management skills
- Able to maintain professional and positive demeanor in high-pressure situations
- This position is located in Concord, NC (not remote)
- This position frequently requires sitting for long periods of time; using hands to grasp, reach or feel; occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds; and, close vision. This position is based indoors but may occasionally require exposure to the elements.
- Travel is required for this role with the concentration occurring during racing season (February – November). Travel averages out to approximately 40% monthly.